Breaching The FA Anti-Doping Regulations can result in a ban from all sport. The Code outlines the Anti-Doping Rule Violations (ADRVs). Players and other Participants need to make sure they are fully aware of these violations, and the consequences of breaking them.
There are 11 ADRVs. All 11 apply to Players and the seven (in bold) also apply to other Participants.
- Use or Attempted Use
- Evading, refusing or Failing to Submit to Sample Collection
- Whereabouts failures
- Tampering or attempted tampering
- Trafficking or attempted trafficking
- Administration (i.e. without aiding or abetting)
- Complicity or Attempted Complicity
- Prohibited Association
- Acts by an Athlete or Other Person to Discourage or Retaliate Against Reporting to Authorities
For more information and what this means for those individuals, click here.
For information on individuals serving a ban from sport, visit UKAD’s sanction page on their website.