We will be hosting two public faith events at Wembley Stadium in April to mark Ramadan and Vaisakhi as part of our ‘Faith and Football’ series.
After last year's Open Iftar at Wembley proved a successful and popular event, it returns again during the 2023 Ramadan celebrations along with the Sikh festival of Vaisakhi.
Ramadan Open Iftar (Islam): Saturday 15 April, 6pm – 9.30pm BST
‘Iftar’ is the meal that is prepared and offered to Muslims observing Ramadan when breaking their fast. At this event hosted at Wembley with our event partners, Ramadan Tent Project, our aim is to:-
- Engage with Muslims across the country in an evening of interactive panels including professional players, coaches and off-the-pitch professionals from across the game.
- Hold prayers led by an Imam from pitch-side of Wembley’s hallowed turf.
- Provide a full meal following the breaking of fast for all those observing Ramadan.
More details can be seen via the Ramadan Tent Project website
Vaisakhi (Sikh): Monday 17 April, 6pm – 9.30pm
Vaisakhi is a Sikh festival which celebrates the birth of the Khalsa – the collective body of committed initiated Sikhs. At this event hosted at Wembley, our aim is to:-
- Engage with Sikhs across the country in an evening of interactive panels including professional players, coaches and off-the-pitch professionals from across the game with the aim to encourage more of the community to participate in football.
- Conduct an Ardaas (Sikh prayer) pitch-side at Wembley for the first time, which all spectators will be able to participate in
- Provide a full vegetarian meal for all attendees.