Rupinder Bains has joined The FA Board as our third Professional Game [PG] non-executive FA Director, appointed jointly by the Premier League and the EFL.
As part of The FA governance reforms, the eligibility criteria was changed for one of the PG’s Directors to allow the appointed individual to be someone other than a club official or an officer of the Leagues. Rupinder will also represent the PG on The FA Council.
Peter McCormick [Premier League] and James Rodwell [EFL] were the two FA Board members appointed by the Leagues to conduct the recruitment process.
And Rupinder was the unanimous recommendation and her appointment was approved by the Premier League and EFL Board’s on 16 November 2017.
The founder and managing director of the law firm Pinder Reaux & Associates Limited, who specialise in media, defamation and reputation management and sports law, she qualified in 1999 and set up her own firm in 2005.
"I'm very proud and honoured to be offered this role within The Football Association,” she said.
"This is an organisation with fantastic history and traditions, governing a huge constituency of footballing personnel from grassroots up to international level.
“It is a significant moment in the governance of The FA and I am delighted to be embarking on a journey looking at the broader issues and I am hoping to be able to contribute to the evolving and developing nature of The Football Association and to the most widely supported sport in the world."
Greg Clarke, FA Chairman, added: "I am delighted to formally welcome Rupinder on behalf of The Football Association Board. She brings to the Board a demonstrable track record of success in business and a good knowledge of football from her legal and commercial work.
“Rupinder will be an excellent addition to The FA Board and Council."
Following Rupinder’s appointment, The FA Board now comprises:
• Greg Clarke – Independent Chairman
• Martin Glenn – Chief Executive Officer
• Roger Devlin – Senior Independent Non-Executive Director
• Kate Tinsley – Independent Non-Executive Director
• Robert Cotter – National Game Representative
• Jack Pearce – National Game Representative
• Mervyn Leggett – Vice-Chairman and National Game Representative
• Peter McCormick OBE – Vice-Chairman & Professional Game Representative [Premier League]
• James Rodwell – Professional Game Representative [English Football League, Scunthorpe United FC]
• Rupinder Bains – Professional Game Representative