St. George’s Park’s central location and connectivity means it’s easy to reach from wherever you are. 40% of the UK’s population live within a two hour drive and it’s only 90 minutes by train from London. It’s easily accessible for international visitors too with its proximity to local airports. Local rail stations are at Burton upon Trent and Derby, while the M1, M6 and M42 motorways are nearby.
The Green Team at St. George’s Park have implemented a Travel Plan which aims to encourage more sustainable transport behaviour by all potential users of the site. Please consider your environmental impacts and choice of transport when travelling to St. George’s Park.
Address - St. George’s Park, Newborough Road, Needwood, Burton upon Trent, Staffordshire, DE13 9PD, UK
With links to the M1, M6, M6 Toll and M42, St. George’s Park is easily accessible by car:
- A38 - 10 minutes
- M6 TOLL Junction 4 - 20 minutes
- Derby - 30 minutes
- Birmingham - 50 minutes
- Nottingham - 50 minutes
- London - 2 hours 40 minutes
- Manchester - 1 hour 40 minutes
If you are using a SAT NAV please use the postcode DE13 9PD. We are working with the council to install brown signs which are expected to be in place by the beginning of September.
If you are travelling with a group please car share where possible to minimise environmental impacts and congestion. Please be considerate to the local villages in the countryside surrounding St. George’s Park. We advise all drivers to follow the routes detailed below and not to travel through the villages, this is for your ease and convenience and their peace and quiet. When setting your GPS please avoid villages.
Travelling from Birmingham along the A38
- Take exit at the Branston junction and turn right on to the A5121 Wellington Road.
- Continue on the A5121 for approximately 1km before taking the second exit (Parkway) at the roundabout by Morrisons.
- Follow Parkway for approximately 1.6km and then turn left at the roundabout with the B5017 (Shobnall Road).
- Follow the B5017 for approximately 6km and then take the second exit (B5234) at the roundabout by New Inn.
- Continue for approximately 500m and the site entrance is on the left.
Directions from the A38 from Derby
- Take the exit at the Branston junction and turn left on to the A5121 Wellington Road.
- The directions are then the same as above.
From the M1
- At Junction 24 of the M1 take the exit for the A50 towards Uttoxeter
- Stay on the A50 and take the exit for the A515 towards Lichfield/Sudbury
- Continue south on the A515 for approximately 7.5km, passing through Draycott in the Clay and the Six Roads End junction.
- Turn left at the junction with the B5234, signed towards Burton.
- Continue for 2.5km and the site entrance is on the right.
There are three rail stations providing fast and frequent access and just a short drive to St. George’s Park.
Travel time by train to Burton-upon-Trent:
- London - 1 hour 44 minutes
- Birmingham - 21 minutes
- Manchester - 1 hour 58 minutes
- Liverpool - 2 hours 14 minutes
Travel time from rail stations to St. George’s Park by car:
- Burton-upon-Trent - 16 minutes
- Lichfield Trent - 24 minutes
- Derby - 36 minutes
There are three airports within a 1 hour drive with scheduled and charter routes offering worldwide connections. There are plenty of low cost carriers offering value for money.
Travel time from airport to St. George's Park by car:
- East Midlands Airport - 40 minutes
- Birmingham Airport - 50 minutes
- Coventry Airport - 1 hour
There are bike stands provided at both the Hotel and Football Centre facilities at St. George’s Park, these are available to all visitors to the site. Showers and changing facilities are provided for all visitors and are available by arrangement.