If you're looking to find out more about refereeing or even just fancy meeting our workforce, then click on the topics below or to the side and read away.
Laws of the Game
Learn about the Laws of the Game applied by match officials in games across the country
FA Competition Rules & Instructions (pdf)
Extracts of the Rules and Instructions for The FA Cup, Trophy, Vase and Youth Cup Competitions
National Referee Development Programme
The National Referee Development Programme is the initiative created by The FA to help referees to achieve their potential in the game. Read more about what it could do for you.
Information on the RA-FA Incentive Scheme
The RA-FA Incentive Scheme is a points-based initiative allowing you to redeem equipment and kit for actively contributing to refereeing.
One of the National Game department’s primary objectives is to get more women involved in refereeing. To help this, we have developed the Women’s Pathway to support women in achieving their potential.
More formats of the game
There are more versions of the game than simply 11-a-side. Find out more about the Small-Sided game, Futsal and Disability football.
Meet our workforce
As well as the team at Wembley, thousands of staff and volunteers around the country aid referee development. Find out more about their roles and how they support referees.
Information on the Contributory League
The latest referee appointments for the following Leagues:
- Conference North
- Conference South
- Western League Premier Division
- Eastern Counties League Premier Division
- Southern League Premier Division
- Southern League Division One Central
- Southern League Division One South & West
- Isthmian League Premier Division
- Isthmian League Division One North
- Isthmian League Division One South
- Northern Premier League Premier Division
- Northern Premier League Division One North
- Northern Premier League Division One South
- Northern League Division One
- Northern Counties East Premier Division
- North West Counties Premier Division.
Frequently asked questions
Have a question? Take a look at the FAQs.