Friday, 25 March, 2011
Travel information ahead of England's qualifier in Cardiff.
For those travelling to England's Euro 2012 qualifier against Wales at the Millennium Stadium in Cardiff, The Welsh FA have provided the following information.
England will sit in the north of the stadium and use the following car parks:
- Coach parking J32 – Civic centre - cost £10 / coach
- Car park & ride sites J29 - Civic centre on-street pay & display areas & UHW (RED CAR PARK) - cost £6 / car.
Drop off points will be:
- Civic centre – this is a park & walk
- UHW - top end of King Edward VII Avenue
All car parks will have a staff presence from 8:30am, will open at 8:30am with the first bus at 9am. The last bus will leave the pick-up point at 7pm, with car parks closing at 7:30pm.
Road closures are as follows:
- Between 6am and 6pm King Edward VII from its abutment with Boulevard-de-Nantes to its junction with Corbett Road
- Museum Ave from its junction with Gorsedd Gardens to its junction with Corbett Road
- City Hall Road / College Road from their junction with Museum Avenue to their junctions with North Road
- Between 1pm and 6pm Kingsway from its junction with North Rd / Boulevard de Nantes to its junction with Duke St.
- Cowbridge Road East from its junction with Cathedral Rd to its junction with Westgate St.
- Tudor St from its junction with Clare Rd to its junction with Wood St (access for residents & traders will be permitted)
- Plantagenet St & Beauchamp St from their junctions with Despenser Place to their junctions with Tudor St (access for residents & traders will be permitted)
The following roads will be closed in their entirety:
- Duke St, Castle St
- High St
- St.Mary St
- Caroline St
- Wood St
- Central Sq
- Westgate St
- Quay St
- Guildhall Pl, Golate
- Park St
- Havelock St
- Scott Rd