The FA has opened the application process for all women’s football clubs to apply to enter The FA Women’s Super League (FA WSL) from 2014 onwards.
As part of our continued commitment to the women’s game, we are seeking to open and expand The FA WSL in 2014 with the launch of a second division and up to 20 clubs will be selected to participate in FA WSL1 and FA WSL2.
Promotion and relegation will be introduced between the two leagues at the end of the 2014 season, with one club being promoted and one being relegated.
The eight current licensed FA WSL clubs will be required to re-apply and all applications will be reviewed against the same criteria.
All applying clubs must use the below templates as the basis of their application but clubs will be marked against the following four areas:
- Financial and business management
- Commercial sustainability and marketing
- Players, support staff and youth development.
The deadline for applications to be received is 4pm Monday 4 March 2013.
All clubs will also be required to have a reserve team which will play in The FA WSL reserve league. This league will be split into two regional divisions and further details of the structure and fixture programme will be provided in the near future.
Everything you need to apply is listed below and your applications should be presented in the form of a ‘Club Development Plan’, identifying how your club will meet the minimum license criteria. Full guidance on the minimum requirements is also given below.
- The FA WSL 2014-18 brochure
- The FA WSL Club Development Plan – Minimum requirements for FA WSL1 and FA WSL 2
- General/Business Development Manager – Key responsibilities
- Match promotion/Marketing Officer – Key responsibilities
- Financial guidance for FA WSL1 clubs
- Financial guidance for FA WSL2 clubs
- Ground Grading information for FA WSL1
- Ground Grading information for FA WSL2
- Medical regulations, updated February 2013 - please not there are changes in this document to the original one issued
- FA WSL Application Guidance (February 2013)
- Club Corporate Structure Guidelines
- FA WSL Example Training Plans
- Reserve Ground Guidance (February 2013)
Templates for applications
- Club Development Plan template 2014-16, which includes:
- Appendix A: Contact information template
- Appendix B: Income and expenditure template
- Appendix C: Club Development Fund 2014 template
- Appendix D: Player information template.
Finally, clubs must submit a signed copy of the terms and conditions with their application.