St George’s Park will be the new home of English football development. As such the facilities available at St George’s Park will be world class.
Located in the heart of England at Burton-on-Trent, Staffordshire, the 330 acre site will be the home to the world’s newest elite sports performance centre. St George’s Park will have two Hilton hotels with world class conferencing facilities; a fully functioning football training centre with England’s only FIFA accredited Medical Centre of Excellence; and a Centre for Athletic Performance Research.
St George’s Park Medical Centre will be equipped to deal with urgent care and emergency medical scenarios and will be fully equipped with emergency aid kit and facilities to provide a high standard of pre-hospital care. There will be numerous medical consulting suites and on-site radiology facilities including x-ray and MRI for thorough sports medicine, orthopaedic and musculoskeletal examination of players. Colour Doppler ultrasound will be available for musculoskeletal and cardiac assessment. Cardiology facilities will also include a 12 lead ECG and Holter monitors to track cardiac function over 24 hours.
The superb rehabilitation facilities will include:
- Modern fully equipped physiotherapy treatment room.
- Gym with aerobic equipment, a zero gravity treadmill, free weights, resistance weight devices.
- Isokinetic dynamometer.
- Yoga and Pilates studio.
- 60m x 40m plyometric training floor.
- 105m x 68m indoor 3G field turf football field.
- Numerous outdoor full size football fields with floodlights and under-soil heating.
- Bespoke football tennis courts, sand pits, sand rehabilitation lanes, sweat boxes, and an outdoor fitness testing area.
- Hydrotherapy suite including a temperature controlled plunge pool, whirlpools, a resistance pool and a depth adjustable swimming pool.
St George’s Park will also host the Athletic Performance Research Centre where the latest innovations in sports science will be utilised to improve knowledge and application of player preparation, performance and recovery strategies. Facilities will include:
- Video analysis suite for use by technical and sports science staff.
- Human movement and biomechanics analysis lab with a16 channel electromyography system to measure muscle activity.
- Eight camera three dimensional motion capture system.
- Three floor mounted force plates to measure ground reaction force and power.
- Instrumented force plate treadmill to measure ground reaction forces during walking and running.
- High speed video cameras capable of capturing 1200 frames per second.
- Environmental regulation facility including altitude training equipment to prepare teams for extreme climatic conditions.
- Exercise physiology lab with high speed treadmill, portable and static metabolic carts and mobile spirometry to measure oxygen consumption (VO2 Max) and lung and cardiac function.