A few facts and stats relating to England U21s meeting with Austria in March
England v Austria
An England Under-21s International
American Express Community Stadium, Brighton & Hove Albion FC
7.45pm, Monday 25 March 2013
Buy Tickets Online or call 0844 327 1901
Group Booking Form | Charter Standard Booking Form
England Under-21s take on Austria at Brighton & Hove Albion’s American Express Community Stadium on Monday 25 March.
It will be their last game on home soil before they fly out to Israel for the Euro 2013 Finals in June.
Here we've pulled out a few stats and facts relating to the match up with the Austrians.
England Under-21s v Austria: Facts
- England's Under-21s have now won a record seven matches in a row, all without conceding a goal.
- England have had four previous matches against Austria, winning three and losing one.
- Jamie Redknapp scored a hat-trick in a 3-1 win against Austria in Kapfenberg in 1994.
- Robbie Fowler was red-carded in Kapfenberg for arguing with the referee.
- Robbie Fowler and Neil Shipperley scored in the 2-1 win at Middlesbrough in 1995.
- England beat Austria 2-0 in Krems with Carlton Cole and Darren Bent on target in 2004.
- A crowd of 28,000 at Elland Road saw the Austrians claim their only victory in 2005.
- England crushed the Norwegians 6-0 at Brighton’s former Goldstone ground in 1977.
- The American Express Community Stadium hosted an U19 international in November 2011.
- West Ham’s Robert Hall scored the goal that beat Denmark at Brighton’s new home.
Tickets for the game are priced at just £5 for kids and £10 for adults. Family tickets are also available at the price of £20 family ticket (2 adults, 2 children), while Charter Standard clubs and Groups also receive discounts.
Book your tickets online at www.seagulls.co.uk, via the ticket line – 0844 327 1901 – and in person at both ticket offices, located at the American Express Community Stadium and Queen’s Road, Brighton.