Ahead of Tuesday's England U21s meeting with Sweden here are ten facts about the Young Lions
England v Sweden
An Under-21 International
Banks’s Stadium, Walsall FC
7.30pm, Tuesday 5 February 2013
Buy Tickets Online or call 01922 651416
Group Booking Form
| Charter Standard Booking Form
Ahead of England Under-21s' Euro 2013 warm-up encounter with Sweden Tuesday night, FA Historian David Barber has come up with ten facts about Stuart Pearce's young side.
1. England’s Under-21s enjoyed a 100% record in 2012, winning six games without conceding.
2. England are the only country to have qualified for the Euro Finals of 2007, 2009, 2011 and 2013.
3. England have played in more than 300 Under-21 internationals but never at Walsall before.
4. England have met Sweden eight times at Under-21 level, winning three, drawing four and losing one.
5. The Euro 2009 semi-final finished 3-3 in Gothenburg before England beat the Swedes on penalties.
6. Victories over Sweden in home and away Qualifiers took England through to the Euro 2000 Finals.
7. England Under-21s’ 2-0 win in Sundsvall in 1998 included a goal by Jamie Carragher, playing in midfield.
8. Dave Sexton, Peter Taylor, David Platt and Stuart Pearce have managed Under-21 sides against Sweden.
9. The England v Sweden Under-21 match in Huddersfield in 1999 had a crowd of over 13,000.
10. Sweden were runners-up in the Euro 1992 tournament, losing to Italy.
Fans can get tickets to watch England’s young stars against Sweden for the terrific price of just £10 for adults, £5 for children and a family ticket (two adults and two children) is only £20.
Tickets can be purchased by calling 01922 651416,
buy online from Walsall FC
or email email@example.com