The forthcoming International fixture, England v Turkey will see a capacity crow
The forthcoming International fixture, England v Turkey will see a capacity crowd of 49,000 visiting the City of Sunderland.
ENGLAND V TURKEY
TRAVEL & PARKING ADVICE
In order to facilitate safe and swift access to and from the Stadium of Light prior to kick-off and after the final whistle, Sunderland AFC, Northumbria Police and Sunderland City Council will be implementing comprehensive travel and parking arrangements.
- Supporters approaching from the North or the South on the A19 and A1 and wishing to park in the City Centre are asked to follow A1018, A690 or A183, which are clearly sign-posted. As you approach Sunderland City Centre, follow the car parking signs. Motorists are urged to park in the City Centre and walk to the Stadium across the Wearmouth Bridge, which will have traffic reduced to one lane in each direction from 5:30pm to accommodate the safe movement of crowds walking to the match.
- Parking availability is expected to be at a premium and motorists are therefore advised to arrive as early as possible. All surface and multi-story car parks in Sunderland City Centre will be open for parking and staffed by patrolling parking attendants.
- After 6:00pm parking in the City Centre is free, except for St. Mary's, The Bridges and Roof Top car parks, where a flat fee of £1 is payable.
- Parking at the Stadium of Light has been pre-allocated - there will be no match-day parking available.
PARK AND RIDE:
- Supporters wishing to use the Park and Ride system are asked to take the A1231, which is clearly signposted from the A19. Please do not use the A1231 for City Centre access.
- The free 'Park and Ride' scheme will be in operation, commencing at 6:00pm. The scheme runs from the Sunderland Enterprise Park on Wessington Way (A1231), which is accessible via the A19 and is clearly signposted 'Park & Ride'.
- Pick up and set down points in the Enterprise Park are clearly marked. · Buses will run for two hours prior to kick off at five minute intervals and regularly after the game until all supporters have been transported back to their cars.
PARK AND WALK:
- A 'Park and Walk' scheme operates from the University of Sunderland, which is located on the A183 (Chester Road) and clearly signposted.
- Follow signs for "Match Day Parking"
THERE WILL BE NO PARKING AVAILABLE AT THE STADIUM OF LIGHT OR IN THE SURROUNDING RESIDENTIAL AREAS. SUPPORTERS ARE URGED TO USE RECOGNISED CAR PARKS ONLY FOR THEIR SAFETY AND SECURITY.
- Stadium of Light and St. Peter's Metro stations are just a few minutes walk from the ground.
- You can get to Sunderland from any Metro station, however you must ensure you are traveling on a train towards Sunderland on the YELLOW LINE - trains and display boards show the destination as South Hylton. If you are travelling on the GREEN LINE you will need to change at Monument or Heworth.
- Metro trains to Sunderland run every 10 minutes.
Supporters heading north after the match are asked to use the Stadium of Light Metro Station. For supporters heading in the direction of Sunderland City Centre, St. Peters Station is the place where trains can be boarded.
- This system is in operation for forty five minutes after the final whistle and during that period trains heading north will not pick up passengers at St. Peter's hile trains going south will not stop at the Stadium of Light.
- Please note the Car Park at the Stadium of Light Station will be closed from 06:30am on the day of the game.
Click here to download a Sunderland Parking Map