Football has the power to change lives for the better.
It can contribute to physical and mental wellbeing, it can provide opportunities to compete and collaborate with others and it can help to shape the place of girls and women in wider society.
Our strategy is based on understanding an individual's motivation to play – for learning, for recreation, for competition and for excellence.
We want to ensure there is access and opportunity for every girl and woman to play, coach, spectate, officiate, manage or administer if they so wish and the game to be truly representative of our society across all protected characteristics¹ and social backgrounds.
We have built our long-term strategy around the following:-
1. Giving every girl the earliest opportunity to have a fun, enjoyable introduction to the game in school and club.
2. Providing a well-signposted, inclusive and accessible club player pathway that supports the talented girls and young women who aspire to play in the FA Women’s National League, the FA Women’s Championship and the Barclays FA Women’s Super League.
3. Being at the global forefront of women’s professional sport and developing the best women sports leagues and competitions in the world.
4. Providing a ‘Blueprint for Success’ for our England players from U14s through to the senior team so we consistently achieve international success in major senior tournaments.
5. Ensuring we have high standards of coaching practice throughout the women’s game underpinned by a thirst for ongoing learning, critical thinking and knowledge sharing.
6. Providing football for all those who want to play for fun and recreation by developing local leaders from every community to motivate and organise opportunities to play for fitness and friendship.
7. Developing a diverse, well supported and highly skilled workforce including coaches, referees, sports development officers and administrators at every level of the game.
8. Growing our fanbase and extending engagement in our domestic and international competitions to build profile, drive brand value and ensure long-term financial sustainability.
Finally, we want to harness the inspirational power of a home UEFA Women’s EURO Championships in 2022 as a catalyst for growth in every area.
To achieve all this, we will work in partnership with other football stakeholders and our growing range of commercial partners and broadcasters to inspire positive change for girls and women through football.