London trio safely through to Women's Cup third round

Sunday 24 Jan 2016
The SSE Women's FA Cup Final will take place at Wembley on Saturday 14 May

Queens Park Rangers were given a fright by Chichester City on their way to the SSE Women’s FA Cup third round.

Amy Found put Premier League South West Division One side Chichester ahead from the penalty spot after 25 minutes, before Jo Wilson equalised directly from a corner to leave things level at the break.

Ten minutes into the second half it was Rangers’ turn to win a penalty and Danielle Puddefoot converted, shortly before Wilson fired in her second from 25 yards to make it 3-1.

SSE Women's FA Cup

Second Round
Sunday 24 January

Just a minute later an own goal from Laura Cooper brought the hosts right back into it but Premier League South outfit QPR didn’t have to wait long for their fourth, through Natalie Richardson.

Chichester set up a nervy finish 12 minutes from time when they won their second penalty – the third of the game – and Found stepped up to double her tally for the afternoon, but there was to be no dramatic late leveller.

Tottenham Hotspur will join QPR in the third round after Leah Rawle netted a brace in their 4-1 win away at Swindon Town.

Rawle opened the scoring for the visitors and made it three shortly after the break, either side of a Swindon goal, before Avilla Bergin put them well out of reach.

There was time for the hosts to grab a consolation goal but Spurs were safely through to the next round, where they will face Gillingham.

Whitney Locke struck the winning goal as West Ham came from behind at Crystal Palace to book their place in the third round.

Freya Holdaway put Palace ahead from the penalty spot before Romina Pinna drew the visitors level, firing home from six yards, and the decisive strike arrived shortly before the break.

Elsewhere, Hannah Campbell struck twice as Bradford City booked a third-round trip to Yeovil Town with a 3-0 victory over Huddersfield, Sarah Danby with the other goal.

Loughborough Foxes are also through after a 4-1 home win against Guiseley Vixens, Vicky Brackenbury scoring twice, while Stoke City ended a run of seven straight postponements by beating Whitley Bay 2-0 and booking a clash with WSL 2 side Everton in the next round.

By FA Staff