We have today announced a series of new initiatives and investments which will have a significant impact, both on the FA itself, and for all of English football.
The announcements include a range of measures aimed at improving the culture of the organisation and considerable new investment into every level of the game. These include:-
• New policies, procedures and changes to the support structure around England teams at St. George’s Park.
• A significant new commitment to making us a more inclusive and diverse organisation.
• An increase to the contribution and leadership from us in supporting inclusion and anti-discrimination across all of English football.
• A new initiative to ensure a greater level of engagement from senior ex-professionals and managers in our work.
• Increased independence and transparency in our decision-making process.
The announcement also includes a range of substantial new strategic investments in the game which will be made from the 2018-19 season.
This will total around £180m per year going directly back into football, which is up from £123m in the previous year, representing a 46 per cent increase.
We are a not-for-profit organisation that is now able to make this new investment due to increased revenue from the sale of the Emirates FA Cup and England broadcast deals, a new long-term partnership with Nike and the consequence of the corporate re-structure in 2015 which has enabled The FA to operate more efficiently.