Berahino back on target but West Brom held by Peterborough

Saturday 30 Jan 2016
Saido Berahino

Jon Taylor hit his first goal since November as Peterborough United forced a 2-2 draw with West Bromwich Albion in a thrilling Emirates FA Cup fourth round tie at the Hawthorns.

Saido Berahino marked his long awaited return to the Baggies first team with a 14th-minute strike, but Shaquile Coulthirst pulled the Posh level with his first goal since joining from Tottenham Hotspur earlier this month.

Emirates FA Cup

Fourth Round Proper
Colchester 1-4 Tottenham
Arsenal 2-1 Burnley
Aston Villa 0-4 Manchester City
Bolton 1-2 Leeds
Bury 1-3 Hull
Crystal Palace 1-0 Stoke City
Nottingham Forest 0-1 Watford
Oxford United 0-3 Blackburn Rovers
Portsmouth 1-2 AFC Bournemouth
Reading 4-0 Walsall
Shrewsbury 3-2 Sheffield Wednesday
West Brom 2-2 Peterborough
Saturday 30 January 2016
Winning sides receive £90,000 from The FA prize fund


Berahino looked like he had booked the Premier League side their place in round five when he notched with six minutes left on the clock, but Taylor swiftly struck at the other end to force a replay at London Road.

A hat-trick from teenager Kelechi Iheanacho saw Manchester City cruise into the fifth round with a 4-0 win at Aston Villa. 

The 19-year-old scored in City’s third round victory over Norwich and his treble at Villa Park takes him to eight goals in his breakthrough season. Raheem Sterling completed the scoring.

There was a hat-trick too for Chuba Akpom as Hull City beat Bury 3-1. Akpom had only scored four senior goals in his career before arriving at Gigg Lane, but his treble rendered Craig Jones’ strike a mere consolation.

And Gary Roberts’ first-half goal looked to be sending League Two Portsmouth toward a stunning victory over AFC Bournemouth on the South Coast, but the Cherries hit back to win 2-1.

When Pompey lifted The FA Cup in 2008, Bournemouth had just been relegated from League One.

Marc Pugh celebrates his winner for Bournemouth

Bournemouth's Marc Pugh celebrates his goal against Portsmouth at Fratton Park

But a swing in fortunes of both clubs in the last eight years made the Cherries firm favourites for victory at Fratton Park.

However, the home side more than held their own against their near neighbours and took the lead through Roberts before half time.

But goals in the final 20 minutes from Joshua King and Marc Pugh turned the tie around.

Holders Arsenal also survived a scare before eventually seeing off Burnley 2-1 at the Emirates Stadium. 

Calum Chambers scored his first goal of the season to put Arsenal in front on 19 minutes, but the Clarets went in level at the interval thanks to Sam Vokes’ header.

But the Gunners were the better side in truth and eventually got their winner through Alexis Sanchez eight minutes after the restart.

Wilfried Zaha’s 17th-minute goal saw Crystal Palace beat Stoke City 1-0, while Odion Ighalo came off the bench to snatch an 89th-minute winner for Watford at Nottingham Forest.

Jean-Louis Akpa-Akpro wheels away after pulling Shrewsbury Town level against Sheffield Wednesday

Jean-Louis Akpa-Akpro wheels away after pulling Shrewsbury Town level against Sheffield Wednesday

Jack Grimmer struck seven minutes into second-half stoppage time as Shrewsbury Town shocked Sheffield Wednesday 3-2.

Lewis McGugan scored either side of a Jean Louis-Akpa Akpro equaliser to seemingly have the Owls in control. 

But Shaun Whalley equalised for the League One side three minutes from time, before Grimmer’s late heroics.

Tottenham followed Manchester United’s lead on Friday night to win comfortably in front of the TV cameras, while they will be joined in the last 16 by Leeds United, Blackburn Rovers and Reading.  

By FA Staff