Bristol City surge into SSE Women's FA Cup fourth round

Monday 15 Feb 2016
The SSE FA Women's Cup at Wembley Stadium

Six different scorers got in on the act as Bristol City kicked off life under their new moniker with a 7-1 FA Women’s Cup victory over Queens Park Rangers.

FA Women’s Super League 2 side City – formerly Bristol Academy – began the 2016 season by hosting QPR in the third round of the cup and Millie Farrow set them off to a flyer, scoring almost instantly from the kick-off.

In a frantic opening three minutes, Natalie Richardson equalised for the visitors before Corinne Yorston restored Bristol’s lead.

The SSE Women's FA Cup

Third round
Winning sides receive £300 from The FA prize fund
Sunday 14 February 2016

New signing Chloe Arthur marked her City debut with a goal 10 minutes later but they had to wait until the second half for a fourth, which was added by Jodie Brett.

And they grabbed three in the final 10 minutes, firstly through captain Grace McCatty – her first game for Bristol since returning from a sabbatical in Zambia.

Farrow added her second before Tatiana Pinto rounded thing off in stoppage time, as Bristol booked a fourth-round tie with fellow WSL 2 side Yeovil Town.

That is after the Glovers saw off Bradford City in their third-round tie, albeit by a less convincing scoreline.

Wales international Sarah Wiltshire put Yeovil ahead at Sherborne after latching onto a well-weighted Nadia Lawrence through ball.

As long as there was only one goal separating the sides, Bradford were in with a shout of forcing a replay and that remained the situation until the fourth minute of injury.

Natasha Knapman, who had climbed off the bench to replace Atlanta Primus less than 10 minutes earlier, struck to kill off the game.

Nottingham Forest booked a clash with Everton by beating FA Women’s Premier League North promotion rivals Preston North End 2-0 as Basford United.

Annabel McKechnie opened the scoring, following some neat link-up play between Natasha Meade and Andi Bell in the build-up.

Elizabeta Ejupi doubled the lead with a low shot from distance before the break and that is the way it stayed until the final whistle.

And Loughborough Foxes earned a fourth-round tie with WSL 2 Millwall Lionesses after safely navigating a penalty shootout with Lewes.

Danielle Lane put Lewes ahead after 17 minutes before Audrey Moore drew the hosts level and that’s the way it stayed until there were 120 minutes on the clock, with Loughborough eventually triumphing 6-5 on penalties.

By FA Staff