The Isuzu FA Trophy

Lincoln United keeper Sam Vince shows he's hot from the spot

Wednesday 04 Nov 2015
The FA Trophy

Goalkeeper Sam Vince was the hero from the spot as his penalty finally separated Lincoln United from Stafford Rangers in the FA Trophy first round of qualifying after 210 minutes worth of football.

The original game had ended in a 1-1 draw and so it ended after extra time on Tuesday, after Kallum Smith’s unfortunate own goal nine minutes from time got Stafford back in the game.

FA Youth Cup

First round qualifying replays
Ramsbottom United 2-2 Ashton United (AET; Ashton win 10-9 on pens)
King's Lynn Town 5-1 Belper Town
Stratford Town 4-1 Histon FC
Lincoln United 1-1 Stafford Rangers FC
(AET; Lincoln United won 5-4 on pens)
Kidsgrove Athletic 3-0 Newcastle Town
Brentwood Town 2-0 Aylesbury
Tonbridge Angels 2-0 Phoenix Sports
H'pton & Richmond Borough 2-1 Lewes
Harlow Town 6-2 Merstham
Dorking Wanderers 1-3 Taunton Town
Banbury United 0-3 Hungerford Town
Winning sides receive £2,700
Tuesday 4 November 2015


But Jermaine Johnson blazed over Stafford’s fifth penalty, and Vince showed off his penalty prowess to clinch a 5-4 victory on penalties for Lincoln.

Jamie Sheldon’s six-minute hat-trick helped Stratford Town respond in emphatic style from a goal down against Histon to book their place in the next round.

Salim Relizani got Histon off to the perfect start before Richard Gregory made sure it was all-square heading into half-time.

And it was not long after the two teams emerged that Sheldon sprung to life, his treble leaving Histon reeling by the 55th minute and the score remained at 4-1.

Anthony Malbon also proved a hat-trick hero for Kidsgrove Athletic as they comfortably saw off Newcastle Town 3-0.

Malbon’s first strike was a thing of beauty before he doubled up with a simple tap-in, and he completed his hat-trick with a penalty in the second half.

Indeed there was no shortage of trebles on Tuesday and Alex Read had wrapped his up by the 37th minute in Harlow Town’s 6-2 triumph over Merstham.

Craig Wood scored early on and Liam Hope made the result sure from the penalty spot eight minutes before full-time to hand Brentwood Town a 2-0 victory against Aylesbury.

And Luke Blewden was the name on everyone’s lips at Tonbridge Angels, his goals either side of half-time seeing off the challenge of Phoenix Sports.

Elsewhere Charlie Moone gave Hampton & Richmond Borough the final word and a 2-1 win in stoppage time as Yasin Ben El-Mhanni’s 81st-minute equaliser proved in vain for Lewes.

It took 120 minutes and 10 penalties but Ashton United are through to the next round after a dramatic tie with Ramsbottom.

With the game deadlocked at 2-2 heading into extra time, it eventually boiled down to penalties – and after 19 successful spot-kicks, Ramsbottom were the unfortunate ones to miss in sudden death.

In the night’s other matches, King’s Lynn Town brushed aside Belper Town 5-1, Taunton secured a 3-1 victory at Dorking Wanderers and Hungerford Town were also impressive away from home in a 3-0 win over Banbury United.

By FA Staff