Drama in Dagenham as Whitehawk earn FA Cup replay

Sunday 06 Dec 2015
Whitehawk's Jordan Rose celebrates his equaliser at Dagenham & Redbridge

Whitehawk FC will take their place in the third round draw of the Emirates FA Cup for the first time in their history after a dramatic late goal against Dagenham & Redbridge sealed them a replay.

Defender Jordan Rose scored a dramatic, and deserved, leveller for the National League South outfit against the League Two club in the fifth minute of added time, following mounting pressure from Steve King's side.

The Emirates FA Cup

Second Round Proper
Sunday 6 December 2015
Winning clubs receive £27,000
Click here for results

Jamie Cureton handed the hosts an early lead and they looked to be on course for victory until the dying seconds, when Rose headed in Sam Deering’s cross.

The Brighton-based side now join fellow non-League clubs Salford City and Eastleigh in Monday’s draw, which sees all Premier League and Championship clubs enter the competition.

Watch highlights of the 1-1 draw at Victoria Road

Elsewhere, birthday boy Charlie Wyke grabbed a hat-trick as free-scoring Carlisle United eased to a comfortable 5-0 victory at ten-man Welling United and into the third round.

The striker – who turned 23 today – opened the scoring before Anthony Sweeney made it two shortly before half time, leaving non-League Welling staring down the barrel of defeat.

Harry Osborne of Welling United (L) battles for the ball with Charlie Wyke of Carlisle United

Charlie Wyke (r) scored a hat-trick in Carlisle United's 5-0 win at Welling United

Wings stopper Michael McEntegart saved a Danny Grainger penalty but the full-back was handed another opportunity from the spot soon after, with Harry Osborne sent off for the hosts.

This time he made no mistake, before Wyke doubled his tally 20 minutes from time and completed his hat-trick late on.

Elsewhere, Altrincham were left heart-broken and denied a place in the hat by a late Callum Harriott strike at Colchester United.

Jake Moult put Altrincham ahead at the League One club after just three minutes with an exquisite lob, before Harriott levelled for the hosts.

Alty were ahead again seconds after the re-start with Michael Rankine finding the net, but Tom Lapslie restored parity once more before Harriott’s injury-time winner.

Bradford City are still in the hunt for another eye-catching FA Cup run after they beat Southern League Premier Division outfit Chesham by 4-0 at Valley Parade.

First-half goals from Kyel Reid and James Hanson put them in the driving season, while Gary Liddle and Devante Cole each struck late on for the Bantams, who reached the League Cup final in 2013 and knocked Chelsea out of last season’s competition.

Bradford City

Bradford City striker scored their second goal against Chesham United on Sunday

Conor Grant struck twice after the break as Doncaster Rovers came from behind to beat Cambridge United 3-1 and book their place in Monday’s third round draw.

Luke Berry had put the U’s in front but Grant levelled early in the second half before netting Doncaster’s third goal – just 60 seconds after Mitchell Lund had put them ahead – to seal the result.

Exeter City also progressed at the expense of Port Vale, thanks to goals from Jordan Tillson and Ollie Watkins while Kemar Roofe scored the winner as Oxford United knocked out non-League Forest Green.

Peterborough sent Luton Town out of the competition with a 2-0 win, Conor Washington and Marcus Maddison each finding the back of the net.

And a Danny Rose header inside the opening ten minutes decided the day’s early kick-off, as Bury edged into the third round with a 1-0 win at local rivals Rochdale.

Carlisle United were on goalscoring form in Welling on Sunday


By FA Staff