Players will develop their understanding of:
- sliding, blocking and intercepting the ball to defend the goal
- 1v1 defending skills:
- forcing the attacker onto their weaker side
- when to win the ball and when to drop and delay
- the relationship between the goalkeeper and defender.
After you have watched this session, ask yourself the following questions:
- How would you adapt or tweak the practice to make it appropriate to your own players?
- What additional challenges could you set to make the practice easier or harder for individuals or your group?