The Football Association is looking to appoint three new Club Mentors
The Football Association is looking to appoint Club Mentors to work across the following County Football Associations as part of phase one.
- North Riding
They will work with The FA Charter Standard Clubs and will each provide 100 hours of mentoring support to those clubs, across a 12 month period. Mentors will provide quality targeted support that challenges coaches to excel in their work and enhance coaching standards nationally.
The aim of the Mentoring programme is;
• To support the development of coaches in grass roots football
• To work with Clubs to identify the needs of coaches
• To mentor and support coaches working in Charter Standard Clubs
• To observe, provide feedback and create action plans for clubs and individuals
• To develop and deliver a programme of support for coaches across the 4 corners
• To support coach development , focusing upon the knowledge, skills and attributes to be an effective coach
• To support and develop reflection skills
• To develop individual, club based events to support the learning of coaches
The mentoring programme will meet the needs of coaches at a local level, promoting and cascading the principles of the FA Future Game document, as well as linking with The FA Respect programme.
We now seek applications from coaches with the right credentials, knowledge , skills and attributes to provide mentoring opportunities for coaches working within Charter Standard Clubs.
Role Brief: FA Club Mentor Role Brief
If you wish to be considered for one of the Coach Mentor positions please complete the FA Club Mentor application form and return it together with your CV:
Via Post: Tom Nickels, Coach & Player Development Coordinator, Football Development, The FA Group, St George’s Park, Newborough Road, Needwood, Burton on Trent, Staffordshire DE13 9PD.
Via Email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
The deadline for receipt of applications is 5pm on Friday 2 August 2013. Any applications received after this deadline will not be considered.
Interviews are scheduled to take place within the regions towards the end of August 2013.
Following interview, successful candidates accepted as a FA Club Mentor will be required to attend a 2 day training / familiarisation session in the Midlands in September 2013 (dates TBC and at no cost).
No further training dates will be available this year, therefore please only apply if you are able to commit to attend these dates. If you have any queries please contact email@example.com
Please Note – If you have previously applied for a position in one of these counties then please wait until the second phase of the programme to apply again.