Set out below is an update on the council meeting which took place on 23 July 2020. This is known as the summer meeting and marks the start of the new council year.
The main highlights were as follows:
At the start of the new council year, all appointments to the council from the various associations and groups are noted. The new members of council for this season are:
- Philip Hill – representing Cambridgeshire County FA
- Fred Conway – representing Cumberland County FA
- Roya Mehdizadeh-Valoujerdy – representing The FA Youth Council
- Barry Casterton – representing North Riding County FA
- Philip Chaplin – representing Somerset County FA
- Greg Petts – representing Kent FA
- Arshia Hashmi – representing Lancashire County FA
- Bobby Barnes – representing the Professional Footballers Association
2019-20 season review
CEO Mark Bullingham presented on a review of the 2019-20 season. As the 2016-2020 FA Strategy has now come to an end, Mark also presented on the main achievements against the strategic objectives. Director of football development James Kendall referred to the guidelines in place providing for the return to outdoor competitive grassroots football.
Football Leadership Diversity Code
Paul Elliott, the chair of The FA's Inclusion Advisory Board, presented on the proposal to create a voluntary Football Leadership Diversity Code. Paul set out his thoughts on why a code is needed, what it will include, how it will be developed and when it will be launched.
Women’s Professional Game Strategy
Kelly Simmons, our director of the women’s professional game, presented on the strategy for the women’s professional game for the period from 2020 to 2024. The vision is to 'break barriers [and] inspire positive change' and will focus on recruiting and developing world-class talent, maximising and engaging audiences and growing commercial revenue and financial sustainability.