Nominations go live!
Wednesday 11 April 2012
Last month marked the launch of the third annual FA Community Awards presented by McDonald’s.
The awards aim to recognise and reward people across the country making a difference to grassroots football in their local community.
From coaches and clubs, through to leagues and volunteers – the people who dedicate their time to developing tomorrow’s young talent and help ensure safety and best practice in tens of thousands of clubs up and down the country are recognised by The FA Community Awards.
Winners are awarded at local, county and national levels, with judging from a panel of experts including 1966 legend Sir Geoff Hurst and The FA’s Director of Football Development Sir Trevor Brooking. So there’s plenty of opportunity for grassroots football heroes across the country to be recognised.
The 2012 categories are:
• Outstanding Contribution to Community Football Award
• Young Volunteer of the Year Award
• Volunteer of the Year Award
• Coach of the Year Award
• FA Charter Standard Development Club Award
• FA Charter Standard Community Club Award
• FA Charter Standard Club of the Year Award
• FA Charter Standard League of the Year Award
To read more about each award and nominate your hero see our 2012 Community Award Nomination pages. The FA Community Awards are also on twitter @GrassrootsAwards / #grassrootsheroes for further information, grassroots statistics and news.