2013 will mark the fourth year of The FA Community Awards presented by McDonald’s.
The awards aim to recognise and reward people across the country who make a difference to grassroots football in their local community – the people who dedicate their time to developing tomorrow’s young talent and help ensure safety and best practice in tens of thousands of clubs up and down the country.
The awards offer a chance to all those involved in grassroots football to shout about the person, or team of people that have made a real difference to their experience whilst playing or just being involved in the beautiful game. Winners are awarded at a local, county and national level so there’s plenty of opportunity for grassroots football heroes across the country to be recognised.
The 2013 categories are:
• Outstanding Contribution to Community Football Award (The People's Award)
• FA Young Volunteer of the Year Award
• FA Volunteer of the Year Award
• FA Coach of the Year Award
• FA Charter Standard Development Club Award
• FA Charter Standard Community Club Award
• FA Charter Standard Club of the Year Award
• FA Charter Standard League of the Year Award
The winners will be chosen by a National Award judging panel featuring 1966 World Cup winner and McDonald’s Director of Football, Sir Geoff Hurst, plus The FA's Director of Football Development, Sir Trevor Brooking.
Why not tweet us about your Grassroots heroes? @2013Grassroots