It can be a daunting task to set up a new football club, but help is at hand. On this website, you will find simple instructions to support you through the process of getting up and running. Each article features downloadable pdfs, which give you further information.
You can also get direct access to local officers to support you. There are 43 English County Football Associations, each of which organises and controls football within their county. Your local County Football Association will be able to help advise you on any enquiry
Once you’re in a position to affiliate to your parent County FA, you will be able to access ongoing support and help to run your club. Benefits include
- Being part of the National Game structure from grassroots to professional football
- Eligibility to compete in County FA competitions (eg County Cups)
- Discipline, Fair Play and Respect
- Opportunities to apply for grant aid funding from The FA
- Access to advice from County FA staff plus FA regional development, coaching and facilities personnel
- Access to purchase public liability and personal injury insurance for your club, team and players
- Access to The FA welfare programme
- Access to County FA and FA communications, including your chance to help shape future development
- Access to qualified referees for your matches.
You can find your local County Football Association and the relevant contact by clicking here.