Check out our match facts ahead of England U21s meeting with Norway
England v Norway
UEFA European Under-21 Championship
Group A Match
5pm, Saturday 8 June 2013
HaMoshava Stadium, Petah Tikva
Live on Sky Sports 2 and Sky Sports 2HD
England Under-21s take on Norway for the third time in their Euro 2013 campaign.
Here, we take a look at ten interesting facts as the nations go head to head in the Finals group encounter...< - England U21s have played Norway 12 times and only lost once.
- England Under-21s have won their last five matches against Norway, conceding only twice.
- England Under-21s’ match in Norway in 1977 was only their fourth fixture at that level.
- When England Under-21s beat Norway 6-0 at Brighton, local hero Peter Ward scored three.
- Norway Under-21s haven’t beaten England for more than 20 years. (2-0 at Peterborough in ’92.)
- England Under-21s met Norway as recently as last September, winning 1-0 at Chesterfield. (Connor Wickham scored.)
- England Under-21s’ 5-0 win in Sandefjord in 2009 equalled their best-ever away result.
- Norway Under-21s’ Head Coach Tor Ole Skullerud managed Valerenga Oslo for 20 months.
- Norway Under-21s’ best performance in the UEFA Championship is third place in 1998.
- Norway Under-21s finished five points behind England in the Qualifying Group for 2013.
You can keep updated with us inside the camp, here on TheFA.com, via Twitter @FA or the official England Facebook page...