The Football Association Sports Medicine & Sports Science Department takes a lead role in ensuring that those involved in football, whether as players, medical or exercise science staff, benefit from the latest advances in football medicine and football science, such as the prevention and treatment of football injuries and the methods of preparing and recovering for football.
The expert clinicians within The Football Association Sports Medicine & Sports Science Department assist Club England by preparing and caring for players on England team duty. They also share their knowledge to promote the health and welfare of football players of all levels.
Follow the links for more information about the work of The FA Sports Medicine & Sports Science Department:Abouth The FA Sports Medicine and Sports Science Department
- Find out how The FA Sports Medicine and Sports Science Department supports football at all levels.
Research and Innovation
- The FA Sports Medicine and Sports Science Department is involved in research and innovation to improve football performance and minimise injury risk.
FA Learning/Medical and Sports Science Courses
- Get Into Football and progress your Sports Medicine and Sports Science career in football with medical education for all levels of football.
Sports Medical and Sports Science at St. George's Park
- The National Football Centre in Burton-on-Trent is the start of the art base for experts in Sports Medicine and Sports Science.
Guidelines and Advisory Material
- References and resources material for those involved at all levels of football.
- The FA is committed to the World Anti-Doping Agency (WADA) code to prevent cheating and protect health.