Here are some facts and stats ahead of the Under-21s' meeting with Romania at Wycombe
England v Romania
An England Under-21s International
Adams Park, Wycombe Wanderers FC
7.00pm, Thursday 21 March 2013
Buy Tickets Online or call 01494 441118
Group Booking Form | Charter Standard Booking Form
- England have previously met Romania seven times at Under-21 level.
- All but one of England Under-21s’ matches with Romania have been Euro Qualifiers.
- England Under-21s last played at Wycombe Wanderers’ Adams Park in 1997, beating Moldova 1-0.
- England Under-21s haven’t lost to Romania since 1980. It finished 4-0 in Ploesti.
- Since our Under-21s suffered their only loss to Romania they’ve conceded just twice in six games against them.
- England Under-21s’ first home match against Romania, at Swindon in 1981, brought a 3-0 win.
- Steve Hodge (2) and Stewart Robson scored in the Under-21s’ 3-0 win against Romania at Ipswich in 1985.
- England’s Under-21s beat Romania 2-1 on aggregate in a play-off to qualify for the Euro 2011 Finals.
- The first leg of England Under-21s’ play-off with Romania in 2010
had a crowd of 25,794 at Carrow Road.
- England Under-21s’ only previous friendly with Romania in 2007 ended in a 1-1 draw at Ashton Gate.
The match on 21 March will also be screened live on ESPN.
Students (with NUS Card)
(two adults and two children) £20
15 people or more (no age restrictions and bookable in advance only): £5 adults, £2.50 concessions (Download Form
Charter Standard Clubs
Up to 25 complimentary tickets on proof of membership (Download Form